Our client was facing a challenge that is common to many medium and large enterprises – cumbersome and time-consuming monthly ritual of creating 100+ reports with more than thousand variants in the accounting and finance function. As the company managed 10 divisions, the sheer volume of data made this manual activity a very daunting task. Reports, developed in Excel, not only consumed hours but also resulted in data inaccuracies, causing a loss of valuable insights.
Our team spearheaded a solution that would not only streamline this process but revolutionize the way financial insights were accessed and utilized.
The introduction of month-end accounting and finance dashboards through Tableau was the game-changer. These dashboards, accessible through browsers and mobile phones, replaced the need for hundreds of reports, offering a simplified, visual representation of the company’s financial health.
- Ten tabs seamlessly replaced thousands of variants, ensuring a comprehensive yet easy-to-navigate experience.
- Role-based access security was implemented, ensuring confidentiality while granting executive management a bird’s eye view and controllers the ability to drill down to journal entry level details.
- The manual ETL process, which took over 5 hours for data refresh, was replaced with an automated system, pulling and transforming data directly from the business system. This not only saved time but also eliminated the need for expensive data warehouses.
- 10 Dashboards instead of 100 Reports
- 1 version of truth instead of multiple excel versions.
- 95% reduction in time to create the reports.
- 4 weeks to develop dashboards
- 3 clicks: Summary to transactional view
In the fast-paced world of commercial interior construction, agility and accuracy are the most critical. Our collaboration with this industry leader showcases the immense potential of harnessing technology to not only address pain points but set a new standard for excellence in their industry.